Low Carb Tuna Noodle Casserole
I have a love for Tuna Noodle Casserole. In fact, my love goes so deep that when a family cookbook was published the recipe was entitled “Tuna Casserole a la Christie”. So I tried the casserole with everything but the noodles and it just wasn’t the same. It was more like a tuna melt, which is good, but not the fluffy casserole I grew up eating.
Thanks to Miracle Rice the Low Carb Tuna Noodle Casserole has been born and passed my family, friends and co-workers taste tests.
As with all my recipes, you can adapt it to your personal tastes, but here is the basic recipe I did.
3 packages of Miracle Rice. Strain and thoroughly rinse for at least a minute or 2. Place in large bowl.
- 2 Cans of Tuna (can be whole white or chunk)
- 1/2 cup to 1 cup of chopped broccoli
- 1/2 sweet yellow onion diced
- 2 cans of Cream of Chicken (you can use any Cream of Soup to your liking such as Cream of Chedder, Broccoli, Celery, etc.)
- 1/2 cup to 1 cup of Mozzarella cheese shredded (The recipe is commonly chedder cheese but I tried out Mozzaella and loved it.)
- 1/4 cup of milk (I used Vanilla Unsweetened Almond milk – less carb and calories) but I noticed after cooking it that you could skip the milk all together.
- 2 eggs raw but scramble them up before adding. It’s just easier to get it all mixed in.
- You can also add celery, green peppers, mushrooms, or anything else you like. But above is what I did here.
Combine all ingredients until fully mixed. Place in casserole dish and bake at 350 for 35 minutes.
Remove after 35 minutes and sprinkle the top with your favorite cheese. I did a nice layer of mozzarella. Then bake for 5-10 more minutes.
Let cool a little and enjoy. It is so so good.