No Carb, Zero Calorie Pasta
You have probably heard of the Miracle Noodle.
It is actually called Shirataki Pasta. It is made from the root of a plant called the Konnyaku Imo. It is made from only the soluble fiber of the plant. Since that is all it is, it has 0 calories and less than 1g of carbs. It is actually really good and takes on the flavor of anything you make it with or add to it.
There are two things to know.
1. As it has no calories in itself, you can eat it to experience the pleasure of pasta (which works) but you need to get your fill of calories and protein with whatever you put with it or you will be starving in 20 minutes.
2. If not prepared correctly it will be watery and waterdown anything you put with it. So, here are the cooking instructions. While it is on the package, I have had a few complaints which were handled with attention to the instructions.
Then you can do a million things with it. The key is to make the ingredients you add to the noodles a meal in themselves.
Last week I added chicken strips and alfredo sauce to it for a perfect lunch.
Another sauce I make for it is:
- Favorite pasta sauce
- Add sweet italian sausage, cooked and cut up.
- Add chopped green peppers, onions, and mushrooms
- Add your favorite spices – garlic, salt and pepper, oregano, parsley, etc.